- In Northern Rockies: Active Nature, get a collection of lively and euphoric ambiences from the mountains of Montana. Hear the rich diversity of ambiences brimming with wildlife. Hear haunting winnows of Wilson's Snipes and trilling tremolos of Dark-eyed Juncos. Hear wildlife greet the sun in four extended dawn choruses, each ranging from 30 to 50 minutes! This library is packed full of tracks teeming with active flora and fauna from the continental divide of North America and perfectly complements the other Nothern Rockies Series libraries to give you a full picture of these stunning glacial valleys.
- Only 25 glaciers (of the 150 in 1850) remain in Glacier National Park and all could melt within 30 years. Hear the sounds of this stunning natural cathedral while the glaciers remain. The ecosystem won’t sound the same when they’re gone.
- Read behind the scenes stories from this field recording trip in: Recording the Sounds of Disappearing Glaciers on the A Sound Effect Blog.
- A large collection of "active" nature ambiences from Glacier National Park in the Northern Rockies.
- Extended dawn choruses with clips ranging from 20 to 50 minutes.
- Rich ambiences brimming with wildlife.
- Ambiences from the shores of large glacial and small shallow lakes
- Coniferous and Aspen forests
- Ambiences with light canopy wind and wildlife
- Close perspective meltwater was not the focus of this library, but water is unavoidable during summertime in the Rockies. Water was always recorded at a distant as, for example, "distant soothing river" as part of flora and fauna ambiences.
- Download CSV or View larger version
- Flora (plants) and Fauna (animals) are described in these terms:
- fauna sparse
- fauna constant
- flora sparse
- flora constant
- flora and fauna sparse
- flora and fauna constant
- Included wildlife: Swainson's Thrush, Hermit Thrush, Wilson's Snipe, Ruffed Grouse, Common Loon, Common Raven, Chipping Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Brown-headed Cowbird, House Wren, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Warbling Vireo, American Robin, Tree Swallows, angry Chipmunks, and bats.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform. Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
|Specs: 25.4 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 40 stereo WAVs – 40+ sounds – Approx. 367 min (6.1 hours) total – Integrated Loudness: -35 LUFS|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Environments, Active Nature
Location: Glacier National Park, Montana – summer 2017
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp