Skip to content
- My name is Thomas Rex Beverly and I'm a field recordist and acoustic ecologist who specializes in recording the sounds of nature. My recordings are used by Oscar, Emmy, and Golden Reel award winning sound designers and sound editors in major movies, TV shows, video games, and museum installations. Please read the full list of testimonials, clients, and credits here: https://thomasrexbeverly.com/pages/credits.
I have two masters degrees: one in music education and one in music composition.
Areas of expertise: nature ambiences, weather, and close-up animals
- One-on-one online field recording lessons for beginners to established pros.
- Each Zoom lesson is one hour.
- Lessons can be one-time, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- $80 per hour per lesson.
- No subscription needed, just pay $80 before each lesson. You can take just one lesson, or as many as you want.
- A personal lesson tailored to your current level of field recording skill
- Learn the art of field recording
- Learn about listening
- Learn about acoustic ecology
- Learn technical recording skills
- Learn about microphones, recorders, and other gear recording gear
- Learn about metadata
- Learn about backpacking
- These lessons will not include field recording business advice.
- Are you interested in a group lesson for the entire team at your film or game studio? I teach those types of masterclasses as well. Please contact me using the link below to get a quote.
- Questions? Contact me – here.