What's the difference between Quiet Nature, Active Nature, and miNiATURE sound libraries?
- Quiet Nature = sparse fauna (wildlife), flora (usually wind), and water
- Active Nature = active fauna (wildlife), flora (usually wind), and water
- miNiATURE = a mini-nature collection of both quiet and active nature sounds
My Field Recording Mastering Rules:
I believe in preserving natural soundscapes and I work tirelessly to find places where true "natural silence" can still be heard. I want the listener to hear the sound as if they were there themselves!
- Rule 1: Field recordings including any man-made sounds (i.e. planes, cars, and distant generators) must be thrown out. These sounds cannot be removed in Izotope's RX. Distant trains sound lovely and can be included.
- Rule 2: Excision of man-made sounds from long recordings and subsequent crossfading is not allowed. Sounds must be included as two shorter clips if a section is removed.
- Rule 3: Sounds made by the field recordist can be removed: handling noise, stomach gurgles, clothing sounds...etc.
- Rule 4: De-plosive, Spectral Repair, and Dynamic EQ (with a low shelf filter) can be used to reduce low wind energy.
- Rule 5: Limited use of high and low shelf filters is acceptable to reduce noise floor hiss, but never when sounds are present in those frequencies.
- Rule 6: High pass filters are not allowed.
- Rule 7: De-noising is never allowed.
Libraries where I broke the rules:
I follow my rules as much as possible, but occasionally I break them.
- AMB15 Pacific Northwest: Active Nature ($59) - RV generator hums were removed from 11 of 58 tracks in RX. If a man-made sound was removed from a clip, it was marked in the Soundminer "Notes" metadata field.
- AMB13 Pacific Northwest: miNiATURE ($29) - RV generator hums, distant car door slams, or camera shutters were removed from 5 of the 19 tracks in RX. If a man-made sound was removed from a clip, it was marked in the Soundminer "Notes" metadata field.
- AMB10 Northern Rockies: Common Loons ($39) - Extremely distant 60 Hz generator hum was removed from 9 of the 26 audio clips using RX's De-hum module. If a man-made sound was removed from a clip, it was marked in the Soundminer "Notes" metadata field.
- AMB04 High Desert Thunderstorms ($99) - Birds were removed in RX to isolate the sounds of thunder.
Libraries where I followed the rules:
- SD05 Didgeridoo ($79)
- SD04 Harmonic Series Drones ($29)
- SD03 High Desert Chainsaw ($29)
- SD02 Ringing Rocks ($79)
- SD01 High Desert Hummingbirds ($79)
- AMB16 Pacific Northwest: Storm Waves ($39)
- AMB14 Pacific Northwest: Quiet Nature ($59)
- AMB12 Northern Rockies: Active Nature ($79)
- AMB11 Northern Rockies: Quiet Nature ($59)
- AMB09 Northern Rockies: miNiATURE ($29)
- AMB08 High Desert Ambiences 3: Quiet Nature ($79)
- AMB07 High Desert Ambiences 2: Active Nature($79)
- AMB06 High Desert Ambiences 1: miNiATURE ($29)
- AMB05 New York | Gorges and Waterfalls ($29)
- AMB03 High Desert Winds 2 ($59)
- AMB02 High Desert Winds 1 ($59)
- AMB01 High Desert Trains ($19)
When Can I Use my Discount Code?
- All discount codes are only valid for full price items.
- I check my work email twice per day. Usually once in the early afternoon and once in the evening Eastern Standard Time (I'm based in Philadelphia). So, you can expect responses to most things within 24 hours.
- If I'm out field recording, response times can be as long as 3-5 days. However, if I am "out of the office" I set up an email autoresponder to let you know!
- If you have an issue with a purchase from my website while I'm out field recording (and my response time is too slow). Please purchase that same library on A Sound Effect and I'll refund your order from www.thomasrexbeverly.com when I get back to a computer!
My downloads speeds are slow!
- Free Sounds – Free Sounds Collections 1 & 2 are distributed with Dropbox. *Note Dropbox download speeds may be slower outside the United States.
- Paid Orders – Paid orders use Amazon's worldwide cloud infrastructure to distribute the digital files. I pay Amazon a premium to make sure your download speeds are lightning fast anywhere in the world. Please contact me if you are experiencing slow download speeds and I will work to remedy the problem ASAP.
How do I download my files?
- Click the "Download Links - Valid for 3 days" button in your order confirmation email. This link will redirect to your checkout page.
- On your checkout page, follow the "Click here to download your digital goods" link to access your SendOwl download links.
- Click each SendOwl download button, one by one. Each link will download a large ZIP file (4GB or less) containing the sound effects.
- Do this from a PC or laptop, and avoid using download manager software.
- Once downloaded, double-click the ZIP file. It will unpack with all sound effects inside. Download links are valid for 3 days from the time of purchase and for 3 download attempts.
My download is corrupted or files seem to be missing!
- If the zip file is corrupted please re-download the file and if necessary contact me to reset your download attempts.
- Download the File List/CSV from the product page and check to see that all audio files were delivered. If you notice an error, please contact me immediately.
I lost all my files! Can I get new download links?
- Of course, you can get new download links! I provide this replacement option free of charge. Just contact me - here - and I'll send you further instructions on how you can replace your lost sound libraries.
Where do I put in my VAT ID?
- EU Businesses are VAT Exempt - Set up your customer account - here - to purchase tax free!
I just paid and forgot to put in my VAT ID? What do I do?
- Contact me - here. I'll refund the value added tax you paid and send you an updated PDF invoice!