Do You Have a Referral Program?
- Yes I do! Thanks for helping to spread the work about my field recordings!
- Details: Give a friend $10 off any sound library and get $10 whenever a purchase is made using your referral code.
- Contact me – here – to get your personalized referral code.
My Field Recording Mastering Rules:
I believe in preserving natural soundscapes and I work tirelessly to find places where true "natural silence" can still be heard. I want the listener to hear the sound as if they were there themselves!
- Rule 1: Field recordings including any man made sounds (i.e. planes, cars, and distant generators) must be thrown out. These sounds cannot be removed in Izotope's RX. Distant trains sound lovely and can be included.
- Rule 2: Excision of man made sounds from long recordings and subsequent cross fading is not allowed. Sounds must be included as two shorter clips if a section is removed.
- Rule 3: Sounds made by the field recordist can be removed: handling noise, stomach gurgles, clothing sounds...etc.
- Rule 4: De-plosive, Spectral Repair, and Dynamic EQ (with a low shelf filter) can be used to reduce low wind energy.
- Rule 5: Limited use of high and low shelf filters is acceptable to reduce noise floor hiss, but never when sounds are present in those frequencies.
- Rule 6: De-noise is never allowed.
Libraries where I broke the rules:
I follow my rules as much as possible, but occasionally I break them.
- High Desert Thunderstorms - Birds were removed in RX to isolate the sounds of thunder.
- Northern Rockies 1: Common Loons - Extremely distant 60 Hz generator hum was removed from 9 of the 26 audio clips using RX's De-hum module. Clips marked in the Soundminer "Notes" metadata field.
Libraries where I followed the rules:
- Ringing Rocks
- High Desert Ambiences 1
- High Desert Ambiences 2
- High Desert Ambiences 3
- High Desert Winds 1
- High Desert Winds 2
- High Desert Hummingbirds
- High Desert Trains
- High Desert Chainsaw
- New York Gorges and Waterfalls
- I check my work email twice per day. Usually once in the early afternoon and once in the evening Eastern Standard Time (I'm based in Philadelphia). So, you can expect responses to most things within 24 hours.
- If I'm out field recording, response times can be as long as 3-5 days. However, if I am "out of the office" I set up an email autoresponder to let you know!
- If you have an issue with a purchase from my website while I'm out field recording (and my response time is too slow). Please purchase that same library on A Sound Effect and I'll refund your order from www.thomrexbeverly.com when I get back to a computer!
How do I download my files?
- Click the "Download Links - Valid for 3 days" button in your order confirmation email. This link will redirect to your checkout page.
- On your checkout page, follow the "Click here to download your digital goods" link to access your SendOwl download links.
- Click each SendOwl download button, one by one. Each link will download a large ZIP file (4GB or less) containing the sound effects.
- Do this from a PC or laptop, and avoid using download manager software.
- Once downloaded, double-click the ZIP file. It will unpack with all sound effects inside. Download links are valid for 3 days from the time of purchase and for 2 download attempts.
My download is corrupted or files seem to be missing!
- If the zip file is corrupted please re-download the file and if necessary contact me to reset your download attempts. I am happy to give more than 2 download attempts if you are having any download issues.
- First, download the File List/CSV from the product page and check to see that all audio files were delivered. If you notice an error, please contact me immediately.
My downloads speeds are slow!
- Free Sounds – Free Sounds Collections 1 & 2 are distributed with Dropbox. You can download these sounds directly or add them your Dropbox account. Dropbox download speeds may be slower outside the United States.
- Paid Orders – Paid orders use Amazon's worldwide cloud infrastructure to distribute the digital files. I pay Amazon a premium to make sure your download speeds are lightning fast anywhere in the world. Amazon provides download speeds that max out your local connection. So, if you have a 50 Mbps connection, my sound libraries should download at 50 Mbps. Please contact me if you are experiencing slow download speeds and I will work to remedy the problem ASAP.
I lost all my files! Can I get new download links?
- Of course, you can get new download links! I provide this replacement option free of charge. Just contact me - here - and I'll send you further instructions on how you can replace your lost sound libraries.
Where do I put in my VAT ID?
- EU Businesses are VAT Exempt - Set up your customer account - here - to purchase tax free!
I just paid and forgot to put in my VAT ID? What do I do?
- Contact me - here. I'll refund the value added tax you paid and send you an updated PDF invoice!