- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- Credits: All recording and mastering by Thomas Rex Beverly. Cover photo by Marc Anderson of Wild Ambience. Barred Eagle Owl in the photo is from Borneo. All owls in recordings are from North America.
- In Hoot, get an eerie collection of North American owl ambiences. Hear lonesome Great Horned Owls calling on dark nights in the desert and cute bouncing ball calls of Western-screech Owl duets. Hear the haunting hoots of the arctic as the rising calls of Boreal Owls float through boreal forests. Hear the resonant calls of Barred Owls in the old growth of the Pacific Northwest and the almost-silent whooshes of Burrowing Owls soaring through the big sky of West Texas.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of sounds from a majestic night time hunter. This library grew out of hundreds of hours of nature recordings and several case of mistaken identity. Lucky for my mics the owl realized my furry blimp wasn’t a tasty rabbit at the last second! I hope you enjoy these sounds. Thanks for listening.
- Lonesome hoots of Great Horned Owls
- Cute Western-screech Owl "bouncing ball call" duets
- Eerie hoots of Boreal Owls
- Haunting flute-like hoots of Northern Saw-whet Owls
- Boreal and Northern Saw-whet owls in the Alaskan arctic
- Great Horned, Burrowing, and Western-screech Owls in West Texas
- Barred Owls in the Pacific Northwest
- This library pulls selections from HDA2: Active Nature, HDA3: Quiet Nature, HDA4: Coyotes, HDA5: Crickets, HDA6: Ravens, PN: Quiet Nature, Great Lakes: Quiet Nature, Alaska: Active Nature, Alaska: Quiet Nature, and Alaska: Rain. If you are a Complete Collection owner (starting with v46), you already own all the sounds in this library.
- If you already own soem of these libraries, contact me for an upgrade discount.
- View larger version or Download CSV
- Included wildlife: North American Owls – Boreal owl, Northern Saw-whet Owl, Great Horned Owl, Western-screech Owl, Barred Owl, Burrowing Owl, Bats
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair in ORTF
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- Sound Devices 702
- Sound Devices MixPre-6
- Rycote ORTF and Mid/Side Blimps
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
96 kHz and 192 kHz:
- I always record and archive at 192 kHz for conservation and preservation purposes.
- However, all sounds are delivered in 96 kHz unless there was useful frequency content present above 48 kHz. Then the audio is delivered at 192 kHz.
- 5 of 56 tracks are included at 192 kHz. Bats are the only wildlife above 48 kHz in these recordings.
STEREO AND QUAD FILES:
- Stereo: mid/side decoded to left and right or ORTF recordings.
- Quad: double mid/side decoded to quad.
STEREO ONLY FILES:
- These recording were made in stereo and do not include a quad version.
|Stereo Specs: 9.4 GB Total (7.4 GB at 96 kHz/24-bit and 2 GB at 192 kHz/24-bit) – 39 stereo WAV files – 39+ sounds – Approx. 201 min (4 hours) total|
|Quad Specs: 9.2 GB Total (8.51 GB at 96 kHz/24-bit and 696 MB at 192 kHz/24-bit) – 18 quad WAV files – 18+ sounds – Approx. 128 min (2.1 hours) total|
|Stereo + Quad Specs: 18.6 GB Total – Approx. 201 min (4 hours) total
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV|
Categories: Animals & Creatures, Active Nature, Quiet Nature
Location: North America – Alaska, West Texas, Northern Rockies, Great Lakes, Pacific Northwest, 2016 to 2019
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|