- Explore a large collection of beautiful, tranquil sounds from remote desert locations across the American southwest and enjoy listening to the morning sun awaken desert wildlife. This serene collection features sounds that will make you fall in love with the harmonious desert dawn. Sounds include doves cooing, woodpeckers hammering, White-throated Swifts in swirling flocks, and much more. Featured like never before are recordings of Swainson’s hawks so close you can hear the whoosh as their powerful wings cut through the air. For the second installment of my lush, peaceful nature sounds from the heart of the American Southwest, here's High Desert Ambiences 2: Active Nature.
- This library is filled with the "Active Nature" sounds of desert mornings.
- Swainson’s Hawks – a male and female recorded near their nest in a 200-foot cliff. Recordings are from below the nest and include close, distant, circling, diving, and soaring perspectives.
- White-throated Swifts – flocks of small barn swallow-like birds circling, darting, and whooshing in front of a desert cliff.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
- Download CSV or View larger version
- Other birds included: Canyon Wrens, Bewick’s Wrens, Montezuma Quail, White-winged Doves, Western Screech-Owls, Aoudad Sheep, Rufous-crowned Sparrows, Eastern Meadowlarks, and many more labeled as “songbirds” if not identified by species.
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
Specs: 19.89 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 94 stereo WAV files – 94+ sounds – Approx. 287 min (4 hours and 47 min) total – Integrated Loudness
-25 and -45 LUFS
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Desert Ambience, Quiet Nature
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|