- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Iceland: Active Nature, get a collection of the energetic ambiences from the magical ecosystems of the far north. Hear the resounding sound of volcanic valleys as the endless summer sun fuels the ecosystem. Hear playful shorebirds energetic calls and whooshing flybys. Hear the visceral cacophony of bird colonies squawking from clifftop nests and resonant raven caws that ring for miles. Hear Arctic Terns dive bombing invaders and Red-throated Loons singing charismatic calls over still water.
- This library is packed full of tracks with vibrant flora and fauna from the lively summer landscapes of the arctic. I hope you enjoy listening.
- Active nature ambiences with dense flora and fauna
- Nasal Cacophony of bird cliff colonies
- Regal raven caws
- Energetic shorebirds
- Lush, dense songbirds
- Close, single species calls
- Wing flutters and whooshing flybys
View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Species List: Common Raven, Red-throated Loon, Black-legged Kittiwake (cliff colony), Arctic Tern, Common Snipe, Black-headed Gull, Common Redshank, Redwing, European Golden-Plover, Whimbrel, Sheep, Icelandic Horse
- All filenames are appended with "Stereo" or "Stereo Only"
- Stereo: Double Mid/Side decoded to Stereo (L/R)
- Stereo Only: Recorded in AB.
- All filenames are appended with "Quad"
- Quad: Double Mid/Side decoded to Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
DOUBLE MID/SIDE INFO:
- All filenames are appended with "DMS"
- Double Mid/Side (DMS): 3-channel format (Channel 1 = Front, Channel 2 = Side, Channel 3 = Rear)
- DMS files are source files for the Quad recordings.
- These files offer more flexibility for decoding. For example, you have the option to use a plug-in like Harpex to decode from DMS to 5.1 or 7.1.
|Stereo Specs: 7.0 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 60 stereo WAV files – Approx. 3.4 hours total|
|Quad Specs: 7.7 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 31 Quad WAV files – Approx. 1.8 hours total|
|New Option – Double Mid/Side (DMS) Specs: 5.8 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 31, 3-channel WAV files – Approx. 1.8 hours total|
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: AMBTndra, AMBBird, Grass, Shrubland, Lakeside
Location: Iceland – Summer 2021
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- LOM Usi
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II
- Sony D100
- Sony A10
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp