- In Bowed Cactus 2, get massive cacti covered with menacing 4 to 6 inch spikes. Take a violin bow to these long spines and hear guttural screeches with stuttering bass and grit. Hear wobbling bass as long needles are plucked and clear musical pitches pinging. Hear thick, bowed spines performed to sound like large mammals and whistling whines only the grit of a cactus needle can create.
- This library offers you an extension to Bowed Cactus 1. Use both libraries together to create otherworldly creatures brimming with ultrasonic energy.
- Animalistic vocalizations
- Bowed gestures performed to mimic the calls of large mammals
- Visceral scraping
- Guttural stutters
- Intense chalkboard-like scrapes
- Wild screaming harmonics
- Single plucked needles with clear musical pitches
- Please note: the "Pitch Shifted Demo" was made to demonstrate the potential of the sounds in this library. However, Bowed Cactus 2 does NOT include pitch shifted sounds, only mastered field recordings.
HOW IS BOWED CACTUS 2 DIFFERENT THAN BOWED CACTUS 1?
- New cactus species: Ferocactus (barrel cactus) and Stetsonia Coryne (toothpick cactus)
- Much larger cacti
- 4-6 inch cactus spines vs. 1-2 inches in Bowed Cactus 1.
- Longer spine lengths = more bass
- Longer spine lengths = more variety in plucked pitches
- Recorded with a Sennheiser MKH8040/MKH30 MS pair vs. an MKH50/30 MS pair in Bowed Cactus 1.
- Make sure you check out Bowed Cactus 1 ($99) – here.
- Rich ultrasonic energy up to 96kHz
- Read the full story behind Bowed Cactus 1 in Supernatural Cactus Creatures
- Coming Soon – the full story behind Bowed Cactus 2 on the A Sound Effect Blog!
- Sennheiser MKH8040 and MKH30 in MS
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote MS Blimp
- These recordings have not been de-noised. However, noise profiles/roomtones are included for each audio file. These profiles give you the flexibility to de-noise sounds to your taste while sound designing.
|Specs: 4.2 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 186 stereo WAV files – 1200+ sounds – Approx. 60 min total|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Materials & Textures, Organic, Animals & Creatures
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas – winter 2018
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|