- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Bowed Cactus, get a visceral collection of bowed and plucked cactus from the deserts of the American Southwest. Take a violin bow to a cactus spine and hear guttural screeches with intense, physical energy. Hear plucked needles popping in rich organic granulation. Hear thick, bowed spines growling like supernatural animals and single needles stuttering with real grit.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of sounds from a unique organic sound source. Cactus sounds are incredibly soft and intimate in real life, but when recorded from two inches they morph into otherworldly creatures brimming with ultrasonic energy. I hope you are excited by their sound designing potential and I can't wait to hear what you create!
- Animalistic vocalizations
- Visceral scraping
- Wild screaming harmonics
- Rich ultrasonic energy up to 50kHz
- Guttural mid-range and bass stuttering
- Intricate granular textures of plucked needles
- Multiple similar sounds are grouped into single audio files with s fade ins/outs between each sound.
- Please note: the "Pitch Shifted Demo" was made to demonstrate the potential of the sounds in this library. However, Bowed Cactus does NOT include pitch shifted sounds, only mastered field recordings.
- Read behind the scenes stories from this field recording trip in my blog post: Supernatural Cactus Creatures.
- I find it insane that a bowed cactus can be pitch-shifted and sound like a dinosaur! I think this is the sound my T-Rex logo would make in real life :)
HOW IT'S MADE VIDEO:
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in files with multiple variations.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
- Sennheiser MKH 50 and 30 in Mid/Side
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote MS Blimp
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
|Specs: 4.16 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 79 stereo WAVs – 553+ sounds – Approx. 60 min (1 hour) total|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Materials & Textures, Organic
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|