- In Rock Creatures, get a visceral collection of guttural and grating vocalizations from the volcanic rocks of the Davis Mountains. Scrape rhyolite with intense pressure and hear guttural screeches with vigorous, physical energy. Hear the thick weight of boulders growling and frenetic stutters of rocks performed to sound like animals. Hear textured squeaks of small stones sliding. Hear rocks rich in titanium clattering to create otherworldly harmonics perfect for creature sound design.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of rocks painstakingly performed to bring these inanimate objects to life and transform them into intensely vocal creatures.
- Rocks performed to sound like creature vocalizations
- Resonant scrapes with shifting harmonics
- Small, mid-sized, and large rocks
- Thick grating boulders sliding
- Squeaking scrapes
- Titanium rocks rattling and clacking
- Scraping, grinding, and rasping stones
- Types of rocks/minerals: rhyolite, quartz, and in unidentified rock I marked as "titanium rock" in the metadata due to its high rating on the Moh's Hardness Scale.
- Combine these rock vocalizations with the massive impacts in SD10 Falling Rock or the resonance of SD02 Ringing Rocks for infinite creative possibilities.
- The pitch shifted demo was made from excerpts of the normal demo at half speed.
- Please note: the "Pitch Shifted Demo" was made to demonstrate the potential of the sounds in this library. However, Rock Creatures does NOT include pitch shifted sounds, only mastered field recordings.
- Read "Why Rocks Rock for Creature Sound Design" on the A Sound Effect Blog.
HOW IT'S MADE VIDEO:
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in files with multiple variations. Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
|Specs: 2.8 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 108 stereo WAV files – 900+ sounds – Approx. 39 min total|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Rock/Stone, Animals & Creatures
Location: Davis Mountains, West Texas
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH 50 and 30 in Mid/Side
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote MS Blimp