Time travel back to 2005 during Hurricane Rita’s massive show of grandeur and destruction. The weather data in Telepresent Storm: Rita connects the visual and auditory experience with the historical energy of Hurricane Rita. When I perform the piece, I feed Rita’s historical weather data through software to create a real-time graphical score which I then interpret live, using iPads. As a performer, I use two iPads to interpret the graphical score by freely assigning sound, harmony rhythm, melody, and growth to the available weather parameters.
- Locations and Dislocations: An Ecomusicological Conversation, Westminter Choir College of Rider University, April 2016.
- Electronics Music Midwest, Kansas City Community College, November 2015.
- International Computer Music Conference, North Texas University, Denton, Texas, September 2015.
- Sounds, Images, and Data Conference, New York University, July 2015.
- NYCEMF 2015, New York City, June 2015.
- Finalist for the Slingshot Festival Data Perceptualization Competition, Athens, Georgia, March 2015
- Toronto International Electroacoustic Symposium, Toronto, Canada, August 2014.
- TransX Transmission Art Symposium, Toronto, Canada, May 2014.
- Association for Technology in Music Instruction National Conference, 2014, St. Louis, Missouri, October 2014.
- Circuit Bridges Concert, Gallery MC in New York City, May 2014.
- 2014 Bowling Green State University Graduate Student Conference, March 2014.
- Threshold 2014 Electronic Music Festival, Oberlin Conservatory, February 2014.
- Premiere: Bowling Green State University Student Composition Concert, December 2013.