Ringing Rocks | Musical Rock Sound Effects Library
*EU customers only: Value Added Tax is added at checkout - VAT varies based on billing address country
Ringing Rocks has the chiming, beautiful tones of an ancient boulder field. As hammers strike stone, the powerful clangs resonate like church bells and bring to life a natural sonic wonder. Plus, you receive many types of melodic tones, hammering rhythms, grinding metallic stone, resonant scrapes, and much more. If you need rocks unlike any you’ve heard before, listen to Ringing Rocks.
• No processing was done to the rock samples other than warping and quantizing the strikes to the grid (from 0:55 to 1:41) in Ableton Live so they would fit nicely with the tempo.
• 237 files, 500+ natural chime and bell-like rock sounds
• Perfect for use as found sound percussion and can easily be made into a Kontakt sample instrument
• Captured in 192 kHz for exquisite detail and sound designing potential
• Location: Ringing Rocks County Park, Pennsylvania
• A small hammer, medium sledgehammer, and crowbar were used to create a variety of timbres
• Audio files with single strikes alone
• Audio files with many sequential, varying strikes
• Resonant scraping of hammers on rock for tactile textures that are perfect source material for rich metallic drones
• Rocks with a strong fundamental pitch include the closest equal temperament note in the metadata, for example, Db6.
• Bb’s, Db’s, and Gb’s are common throughout this boulder field
• If the rock did not have a strong pitch, unpitched and complex pitch descriptors are included
• Major third, minor third, half step and other naturally occurring melodic motives generated by “playing” the rocks with multiple hammers
• Audio files labeled by parent rock numbers: 1-31 to easily find samples played with different implements that have similar harmonic content
Sennheiser MKH 50/30 MS pair
Mid/Side recordings decoded to LR stereo
Sound Devices 702
Rycote AG MS Blimp
Categories: Materials & Textures, Rock/Stone
Specs: 1.93 GB - 192 kHz / 24-bit - 218 decoded stereo WAV files, 500+ sounds - RAW MS files not included
Duration: Approx. 27 min total
Metadata: Included, PDF/Excel, Soundminer, BWAV
Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download
License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here
Lose-Win SFX Guarantee: to read, click here.
Reviews and Press
This library is also available on A Sound Effect