- In Pacific Northwest: Storm Waves, get an expansive collection of storm waves from Rialto Beach, a driftwood filled shoreline of Olympic National Park. Hear massive 25 ft swells breaking and sea foam froth sloshing on rounded pebbles. Hear violent slurping as water is sucked out after each massive wave. Hear wave resonance tuned to perfection by driftwood logs a millennium old. Hear distant storm buoys droning their ominous warning and bats circling with ultrasonic clicks. Hear a coastline gradually eroded by Pacific waves. A place where massive spruce stumps are still rooted in the beach, desperately holding to the earth as the soil is stripped from their roots. Press a contact mic to one of those stumps and hear the heartbeat of the ocean. The vibrations from crashing waves move through rocks and roots to create stunning resonances in the wood! I hope this library gives you a chance to hear the ocean in a way you haven't heard it before. Enjoy listening to a large collection of storm waves from one of the most iconic beaches in North America.
- Massive 25 ft swells
- Rocky coastlines and pebble-filled beaches
- Driftwood resonances
- Contact microphones on dead spruce stumps rooted in the beach
- Frothy impacts
- Roaring bass
- Storm buoys droning their ominous warning
- A thirty-minute clip of the slowly approaching tide. This clip is broken into three, ten-minute clips with no fade ins/outs so it can be used in parts or as one long seamless clip!
- Read behind the scenes stories from this field recording trip in: Sounds from the Quietest Place in the Continental US on the A Sound Effect Blog.
- Download CSV or View larger version
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform. Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
|Specs: 11.35 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 33 stereo WAV files – 2 mono WAV files – 35+ sounds – Approx. 171 min (2.85 hours) total – Integrated Loudness: -35 to -25 LUFS.
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers
Categories: Environments, Waves
Location: Rialto Beach, Olympic National Park – autumn 2017
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Aquarian Audio H2a-XLR hydrophone (used as contact mic)
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp