- In Northern Rockies: Miniature, get a mini-nature collection of ambiences from the mountains of Montana. Hear hallowed halls carved by glacial sculptors. Hear aspens quaking and Ruffed Grouse drumming on hollow logs. Hear euphoric dawn choruses, merry songbirds, sacred stillness, and stately woodpeckers knocking on forest doors. This library gives you a small collection of both "quiet" and "active" nature sounds from the continental divide of North America.
- Only 26 glaciers (of the 150 in 1850) remain in Glacier National Park and all could melt within 30 years. Hear the sounds of this stunning natural cathedral while the glaciers remain. The ecosystem won’t sound the same when they’re gone.
- Read behind the scenes stories from this field recording trip in: Recording the Sounds of Disappearing Glaciers on the A Sound Effect Blog.
- A mini-nature collection of both "quiet" and "active" nature ambiences from Glacier National Park in the Northern Rockies.
- Active – euphoric dawn choruses
- Quiet – soothing afternoons and nights
- A 42-minute evolving dawn chorus (with 2 Loon wails)
- Ruffed Grouse - drumming on hollow logs
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
FILE LIST & METADATA:
- Download CSV or View larger version
- Flora (plants) and Fauna (animals) are described in these terms:
- stillness – close to absolute silence
- fauna sparse
- fauna constant
- flora sparse
- flora constant
- flora and fauna sparse
- flora and fauna constant
- Included Wildlife: Common Raven, Cassin's Vireo, Chipping Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Fox Sparrow, Townsend's Warbler, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Western Tanager, angry Chipmunks, and bats up to 90 kHz. *Bonus – two Common Loon wail calls within an extended 45-minute dawn chorus.
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
|Specs: 7.12 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 15 stereo WAVs – 15+ sounds – Approx. 101 min total (1.68 hours) – Integrated Loudness: -35 to -40 LUFS|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Environments, Quiet & Active Nature
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|