- In Nature Roomtones: Forests, get a collection of ambiences with zero wildlife and barely audible canopy wind. Hear the eerie creaking of burnt trees and cascading "tree-alanches". Hear wildlife-free, natural roomtones from 39 different perspectives perfect for your post-apocalyptic productions or as atmospheric beds for any type of forest environment.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of ambiences with sparse flora and zero fauna from winter nights in coniferous forests. Hear the majestic sparseness of eerie forest nights perfect for your dystopian adventure story.
- If you need more natural roomtones, be sure to listen to Nature Roomtones: Deserts.
- Zero wildlife
- Barely audible canopy wind
- Distant ridge top wind
- Distant soothing water
- Absolute nothingness
- Sporadic snow and ice falling from branches as "tree-alanches"
- Sporadic falling twigs and branches
- Eerie branch squeaks and creaks
- Forests of living of Douglas fir and Spruce
- Forests of dead trunks burned in a recent wildfire
- View larger version or Download CSV
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform. Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
- Stereo Only: recorded in AB (L/R) – these recordings do not include a Quad version
- Stereo: Double Mid/Side decoded to Stereo (L/R)
- Quad: Double Mid/Side decoded to Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
|Stereo Specs: 5.8 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 39 stereo files – 39+ sounds – Approx. 167 min (2.7 hours) total – Integrated Loudness Range: -60 to -40 LUFS
|Quad Specs: 8.8 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 30 quad WAV files – 30+ sounds – Approx. 127 min (2.1 hours) total – Integrated Loudness Range: -60 to -40 LUFS|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Nature Roomtones
Location: Washington, Eastern Cascades, near Lake Chelan, Winter 2020
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- Lom Usi
- Sound Devices MixPre-6
- Sony D100
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp