- In Iceland: Underwater Snow, get an expansive collection of falling snow recorded below lake ice with hydrophones. Hear soothing snowflakes landing on glacial lagoon ice and delicate bubbles popping as lake ice melts from below. Hear the slow accumulation of snow and then a magical sand dune-like sound as the snow is swishes around by the blustery winds.
- This library offers you a large collection of arctic snow unlike anything you've heard before. I hope you enjoy listening to the natural music of the weather as it sings through the mythical spaces of Iceland.
- All recordings were made under glacial lagoon ice with hydrophones
- Light, moderate, and heavy underwater snow
- Sand dune-like snow movement
- Delicate pops of lake ice bubbles
- Rich ultrasonic energy up to 96 kHz!
- A really surprising phenomenon happed while using hydrophones to record underwater ice laser sounds on my expedition to Iceland.
- I was lucky to find a snowless glacial lagoon during most of the sessions, but it did snow a few times.
- The lake ice was 2-ft thick so I didn't think you'd be able to hear the delicate sound of snowflakes through the thick ice. But to my amazement, the hydros picked up a precipitation sound that truly blew my mind.
- I love finding sounds that I didn't know existed. Underwater snow was definitely one of those awe inspiring moments only field recording adventures can give you.
- The hydros picked up a rich precipitation sound mixed with the crackles and bubbles of the lake ice melting. There was even a massive cloud of ultrasonic energy (up to 96 kHz) that was created as the snow swished around atop the lake ice in the wind. It sounded like sand blowing around in dunes!
- Here's a YouTube video I made about the recording process – Underwater Snow – Drop Rig Setup. Thanks for listening.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
|Stereo Specs: 12.2 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 20 stereo WAV files – Approx. 3 hours total
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: STORM, Frozen Glacier Lagoon, Underwater Snow
Location: Iceland - March 2023
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.
- Zoom F3