- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- Get the stunningly detailed sounds of one of nature’s tiniest aerial acrobats flapping and fluttering in one of the quietest outdoor places in the continental United States. With their ultrasonic chirps, mesmerizing flight abilities and evolution-exhibiting beaks, this library captures the sounds of these rarely heard creatures from a mere two inches away.
- 255 clean sounds of hummingbirds recorded in the resonant mountains of west Texas
- 35 sounds of hummingbirds with other songbirds
- Hummingbird species: Rufous, Ruby-throated, Broad-tailed
- Humming, buzzing, popping, fluttering, and purring drones
- Wing slaps and wing contact movement
- Ferocious territorial dogfights
- Laser-like chirps
- Ultrasonic chirps up to 45kHz
- Wild vocalizations
- Swift fly-bys, whooshes, and dive bombs
- Multiple species with a variety of fundamental "hum" frequencies
- Categorized into high, mid, bass, and sub-bass hummingbirds
- Clips ranging from solo hummingbirds to six-bird feeding frenzies
- Microphones placed 6-8 inches from hummingbird feeder with flybys as close as 2-3 inches
- HD videos at 60 fps
HOW IT'S MADE:
- Get the full story behind the High Desert Hummingbirds SFX library on the - A Sound Effect Blog
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF WILDLIFE ART:
- Recordings from this library are featured as part of Iridescence: John Gould’s Hummingbirds at the Nation Museum of Wildlife Art.
- Sennheiser MKH 50/30 MS pair
- Mid/Side recordings decoded to LR stereo
- Rycote AG MS Blimp
- Sound Devices 702
- GoPro Hero4
|Specs: 2.15 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 290 matrixed stereo WAVs – 290+ sounds – Approx. 30 min total|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV|
Categories: Animals & Creatures
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|