- In High Desert Ambiences 5: Crickets, I revisit the place where my field recording journey started: West Texas. The heavy summer rains spawned a lively cricket chorus unlike anything I had heard before. Hear 10,000 cricket chirps weave into lush blankets of sound that gently float through mountain valleys. Hear the slowly sagging pitch of lush choruses as nighttime temperatures fall. Hear the joyous chirps of countless crickets that will make you want to take out your tent immediately.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of crickets from a unique slice of time in the life of a desert. Hear the rejuvenating summer rains fill a desolate desert with 10,000 tiny violins.
- 27 cricket choruses containing only crickets. Some of these 27 tracks also include bats in ultrasonic frequencies or other occasional ultrasonic insect sounds.
- 4 clips of crickets with Western Screech-Owls or Great Horned Owls.
- All tracks are 3-6 minutes in length
- Recordings from 4 nights in 15 different locations.
- Recordings are ordered by night, then location, then part. Listen to nights and parts in sequence to hear the pitch drop with the falling temperature.
- This is a library of cricket choruses. Individual crickets can be hear as part of a chorus, but this library does not contain solo, single crickets.
- The pitch shifted demo is the normal demo at quarter speed. Please note: the "Pitch Shifted Demo" was made to demonstrate the potential of the sounds in this library. However, AMB18 does NOT include pitch shifted sounds, only mastered field recordings.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
FILE LIST & METADATA:
- Sennheiser MKH 8040s in ORTF
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
|Specs: 10.3 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 31 stereo WAV files – 31+ sounds – Approx. 148 min (2.46 hours) total – Integrated Loudness: -40 LUFS.|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Animals & Creatures, Active Nature
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas – summer 2018
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|