Sound Library Guarantee:
- Purchase risk-free! If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details in Section 4 of my Terms and Conditions.
How can I use your sounds?
- Please read the full sound library End-User License Agreement. Written in plain English, without tons of legalese, it clearly details how you can use my sounds!
What's the difference between Quiet Nature, Active Nature, and Miniature sound libraries?
Quiet Nature = sparse fauna (wildlife), flora (usually wind), and water
Active Nature = active fauna (wildlife), flora (usually wind), and water
Miniature = a mini-nature collection of both quiet and active nature sounds
Field Recording Values
2% for the Environment
- Two percent of the price of each library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- The following causes are supported through each purchase:
- World Wildlife Fund
- Ocean Conservancy
- One Square Inch
- Carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel starting with AMB10.
- Credits are purchased through Offsetters. Read more about their policies and program – here.
My Field Recording Mastering Rules:
I believe in preserving natural soundscapes and I work tirelessly to find places where true "natural silence" can still be heard. I want the listener to hear the sound as if they were there themselves!
Rule 1: Field recordings including any man-made sounds (i.e. planes, cars, and distant generators) must be thrown out. These sounds cannot be removed in Izotope's RX. Distant trains sound lovely and can be included.
Rule 2: Excision of man-made sounds from long recordings and subsequent crossfading is not allowed. Sounds must be included as two shorter clips if a section is removed.
Rule 3: Sounds made by the field recordist can be removed: handling noise, stomach gurgles, clothing sounds...etc. Also, sounds made by minor gear malfunctions may be removed.
Rule 4: De-plosive, Spectral Repair, and Dynamic EQ (with a low shelf filter) can be used to reduce low wind energy.
Rule 5: Limited use of high and low shelf filters is acceptable to reduce noise floor hiss, but never when sounds are present in those frequencies.
Rule 6: High pass filters are not allowed.
Rule 7: De-noising is never allowed.
Libraries Where I Broke the Rules:
I follow my rules as much as possible, but occasionally I break them. If a man-made sound was removed from a clip, it was marked in the Soundminer "Notes" metadata field.
SD06 Wind Harp ($59) - birds were removed from 8 of 41 tracks in RX.
- AMB17 High Desert Ambiences 4: Coyotes ($39) - distant generator hums were removed from all tracks. These generators were from fire fighters and are not normally present in the area. Also, ranch dog barks were removed from some coyote choruses.
- AMB15 Pacific Northwest: Active Nature ($59) - RV generator hums were removed from 11 of 58 tracks in RX.
- AMB13 Pacific Northwest: Miniature ($29) - RV generator hums, distant car door slams, or camera shutters were removed from 5 of the 19 tracks in RX.
- AMB10 Northern Rockies: Common Loons ($39) - Extremely distant 60 Hz generator hum was removed from 9 of the 26 audio clips using RX's De-hum module.
- AMB04 High Desert Thunderstorms ($99) - Birds were removed in RX to isolate the sounds of thunder.
Libraries Where I Followed the Rules:
FAQ - General Info
When Can I Use my Discount Code?
- Discount codes are only valid for full price items.
- Discount codes cannot be combined.
- I check my work email twice per day. Usually once in the early afternoon and once in the evening Eastern Standard Time (I'm based in Philadelphia). So, you can expect responses to most things within 24 hours.
- If I'm out field recording, response times can be as long as 3-5 days. However, if I am "out of the office" I set up an email autoresponder to let you know!
- If you have an issue with a purchase from my website while I'm out field recording (and my response time is too slow). Please purchase that same library on A Sound Effect and I'll refund your order from www.thomasrexbeverly.com when I get back to a computer!
My downloads speeds are slow!
Free Sounds – Free Sounds Collections 1 & 2 are distributed with Dropbox. *Note Dropbox download speeds may be slower outside the United States.
Paid Orders – Paid orders use Amazon's worldwide cloud infrastructure to distribute the digital files. I pay Amazon a premium to make sure your download speeds are lightning fast anywhere in the world. Please contact me if you are experiencing slow download speeds and I will work to remedy the problem ASAP.
Why are there hidden Mac OSX files in my downloads?
If you are a Windows user you may see files ".DS_Store" or "__MACOSX" files in your downloaded .zips. These files are hidden on Macs, but show up on Windows computers.
- Windows users, please delete the ".DS_Store" and "__MACOSX" files after download.
How do I download my files?
- Click the "Download Links - Valid for 3 days" button in your order confirmation email. This link will redirect to your checkout page.
- On your checkout page, follow the "Click here to download your digital goods" link to access your SendOwl download links.
- Click each SendOwl download button, one by one. Each link will download a large ZIP file (4GB or less) containing the sound effects.
- Do this from a PC or laptop, and avoid using download manager software.
- Once downloaded, double-click the ZIP file. It will unpack with all sound effects inside. Download links are valid for 3 days from the time of purchase and for 3 download attempts.
My download is corrupted or files seem to be missing!
- If the zip file is corrupted please re-download the file and if necessary contact me to reset your download attempts.
- Download the File List/CSV from the product page and check to see that all audio files were delivered. If you notice an error, please contact me immediately.
- Run a MD5 of SHA256 checksum for the corrupted file and then compare the file you downloaded with the full list of checksums for all zip files in my catalog – Checksum Master List. If the checksums do not match, please re-download the zip file.
I lost all my files! Can I get new download links?
- Of course, you can get new download links! I provide this replacement option free of charge. Just contact me - here - and I'll send you further instructions on how you can replace your lost sound libraries.
Where do I put in my VAT ID?
- EU Businesses are VAT Exempt - Set up your customer account - here - to purchase tax free!
I just paid and forgot to put in my VAT ID? What do I do?
- Contact me - here. I'll refund the value added tax you paid and send you an updated PDF invoice!
EUROPEAN UNION TAXES
- EU Customers Only
- EU Consumers: Value Added Tax is added at checkout based on EU billing address country
- EU Businesses are VAT Exempt
- Read more about the VAT rules on the A Sound Effect Blog
EU Business Customers Are Tax Exempt
- Log-in or create your customer account here: https://thomasrexbeverly.com/account/login
- Enter your valid EU VAT number on your account page. Click "Save ID" and your tax ID will be validated. Make sure to use the country code prefix before the numbers. For example, the United Kingdom is "GB".
- Add libraries to your cart and when you check out - VAT will not be added! Just make sure to always log into your account before making a purchase and your business will automatically be exempt from VAT.
- If you added your valid VAT ID and are still being charged tax, please contact me. I'll manually mark you as tax exempt.
- If you made a purchase, forgot to add your VAT ID, and were charged tax. Just contact me, I'm happy to refund the tax!
If you have any issues ping me on my live chat or contact me - here.
Thanks for listening,