- In High Desert Ambiences 4: Coyotes, I revisit the place where my field recording journey started: West Texas. On my drive out, a massive wildfire was burning large parts of the Davis Mountains. The day I arrived firefighters were finally able to contain the blaze, but sadly not before 22,000 acres burned. Much of the wildlife is too slow to escape, but luckily one pack of coyotes was fast enough to climb over a ridge. Normally I hear coyotes out in the plains where they love hunting jackrabbits. That night, however, I was recording from the edge of the dead fire. I was stunned to hear howling deep in the valley! The pack had run into the mountains to escape the blaze.
- In this library, hear the angst-ridden vocals of coyotes running to escape a wildfire. Hear the howls and yips of an extremely close pack bouncing from high valley walls. Hear an echo chamber filled with the haunting howls of coyotes who has just had their home burned.
AUDIO DEMO:KEY FEATURES:
- Six distinct coyote choruses. Recorded closely, from about 1/4 mile.
- Howls and yips bouncing from high valley walls
- Regal Great Horned Owl hoots
- Lonely crickets chirping
- Bats: ultrasonic and audible clicks
- Eerie ranch dog barks
- Quiet Nature clips from the same location to use a "natural roomtones".
- Read how I captured these mournful howls in my blog post: Wildfire Coyotes.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
FILE LIST & METADATA:
- Sennheiser MKH 50 and 30 in Mid/Side
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote MS Blimp
|Specs: 2.8 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 11 stereo WAV files – 11+ sounds – Approx. 56 min total – Integrated Loudness: -40 LUFS.|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Animals & Creatures, Quiet Nature
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas – spring 2018
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|