- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In High Desert Ambiences 3, get a large collection of the desolate and beautiful sounds of the American southwest. As the sun sets, hear how nocturnal wildlife comes alive as the day fades away. This collection features sounds that will make you fall in love with desert nights as you discover sounds ranging from soft owl hoots to lonely night songbirds to keening crickets. This library also includes Javelina (wild pig) snorts and teeth clicks, humming trains off in the distance, coyote howls and yips so close you'll want to run for cover, and much more. While most recordings are between 3 to 6 minutes, this collection also includes a few 15-25 minute nocturnal soundscapes. A rare gem to find in the continental United States! For the third installment of my lush, peaceful nature sounds from the heart of the American Southwest, here's High Desert Ambiences 3: Quiet Nature.
- This library is filled with the "Quiet Nature" sounds of desert nights.
- Lonely solo Coyotes
- Coyote Packs howling and yipping
- Javelina (wild pigs) snorting and rooting for food
- Owl hoots and lonely night songbirds
- Cricket Choruses and bats up to 80 kHz
- Evening choruses of songbirds
- Distant Freight Trains (5-10 miles distant)
- Quiet Nature tracks – these filenames start with “Quiet Desert” and are sparse ambiences recorded at the threshold of hearing.
- Quiet Nature tracks have low wildlife activity and are perfect “natural roomtones” to use as the foundation of a designed environment.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
- Download CSV or View larger version
- Included Wildlife: Coyotes, Javelina (wild pigs), Common Poorwills, Western Screech-Owls, Burrowing Owls, Great Horned Owls, White-winged Doves, Mourning Doves, Canyon Wrens, and Swainson's Hawks, crickets, bats
- The name of this library was changed from High Desert Ambiences 3: Night Choruses to High Desert Ambiences 3: Quiet Nature on my website. However, the zip files and metadata still reflect the original name.
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
|Specs: 15.11 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 49 stereo WAVs – 49+ sounds – Approx. 218 min (3 hours and 38 min) total – Integrated Loudness -40 LUFS|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Desert Ambience, Quiet Nature
Location: Davis Mountains, Texas
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|