- In Great Lakes: Sandhill Cranes, get a collection of ambiences from some of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Hear the calming openness of still water and the magical echoes of regal waterbirds. Hear the startled alarm cries of Ospreys and the prehistoric calls of Sandhill Cranes so visceral you’ll think pterodactyls are still alive.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of Sandhill Crane ambiences from the pristine lakes of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Hear these majestic birds and feel the power of their intense calls as they sing across the Great Lakes of North America.
- 18 clip of Sandhill Cranes
- Reverb tails on Crane calls as long as four seconds
- Stationary bugles
- Bugling and trumpeting in flight
- Close visceral perspectives
- Distant clips with immersive echoes
- Osprey - alarm calls
- Common Loon - tremolo and wail calls
- Soothing coniferous and deciduous wind
- This is not a parabolic dish library of close up and isolated Sandhill Cranes. It is an ambience library of Cranes within their natural habitat.
- All recordings are from lake edges and surrounding forests.
- This is not a water library, it focuses on ambiences with wildlife (mostly large waterbirds) and wind.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- Flora (plants) and Fauna (animals) are described in these terms:
- fauna sparse
- fauna constant
- flora sparse
- flora constant
- flora and fauna sparse
- flora and fauna constant
- Included wildlife: Sandhill Crane, Osprey, Common Loon, Belted Kingfisher, Blue Jay, squirrel, hummingbird, crickets, cicadas, and ultrasonic insects.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform. Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
|Specs: 7.2 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 18 stereo WAV files – 18+ sounds – Approx. 104 min (1.7 hours) total – Integrated Loudness: -40 to -35 LUFS.|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Animals & Creatures, Active Nature
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan – summer 2018
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sennheiser MKH 50 and 30 in Mid/Side
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
- Rycote MS Blimp