- In Great Lakes: Active Nature, get a collection of energetic ambiences from some of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Hear the calming hiss of aspen leaves fluttering and the piercing call of summer cicadas. Hear the long slow flaps of huge wings as Trumpeter Swans struggle to take flight and deep thunk as Belted Kingfishers plunge head first into the water in search of dinner.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of ambiances brimming with wildlife from the pristine lakes of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Hear lively energy of summers near the Great Lakes of North America.
- Active nature ambiences from Great Lakes region of the United States
- All active nature tracks have energetic wildlife and wind
- Trumpeter Swan takeoffs and honks
- Belted Kingfisher hunting dives
- Canadian Geese fly bys
- Common Loon - wail and tremolo calls
- Regal Raven calls deep in the forest
- Nasal Blue Jays bickering in the treetops
- Cicadas, crickets, and ultrasonic insects
- All recordings are from lake edges and surrounding forests.
- This is not a water library, it focuses on ambiences with wildlife (mostly large waterbirds) and wind.
- Coming Soon!
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
FILE LIST & METADATA:
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- Flora (plants) and Fauna (animals) are described in these terms:
- fauna sparse
- fauna constant
- flora sparse
- flora constant
- flora and fauna sparse
- flora and fauna constant
- Included wildlife: Common Loon, Trumpeter Swan, Canadian Geese, Common Raven, Belted Kingfisher, Blue Jay, squirrel, crickets, cicadas, and ultrasonic insects.
GREAT LAKES BUNDLE:
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sennheiser MKH 50 and 30 in Mid/Side
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
- Rycote MS Blimp
PRESERVING NATURAL SOUNDSCAPES:
- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel starting with AMB10.
- Mastering Rules – I don't "photoshop" my nature sounds and present them as natural soundscapes. If I do remove something, it's marked in the metadata. Otherwise, it's a natural soundscape!
|Specs: 13.7 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 35 stereo WAV files – 35+ sounds – Approx. 196 min (3.2 hours) total – Integrated Loudness: -40 to 35 LUFS.|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Active Nature
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan – summer 2018
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|