- In Nature Roomtones: Tundra 2, get a collection of ambiences with airy tones, sporadic drips, and distant soothing water from Greenland. Hear wildlife-free, natural roomtones from 55 different perspectives perfect for atmospheric beds in the arctic or antarctic. Hear eerie winds whisping through glacial crevasses and the low ominous roars of distant waterfalls. Hear sporadic drips in resonant ice caves and soothing winds through moss covered boulders. Hear airy tones with subtly different moods that span a surprising array of emotions.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of ambiences from the wide open spaces of the arctic. I hope you enjoy the sounds of these almost silent spaces.
- Subtle sounds of almost silent spaces
- Soothing, tranquil, eerie, and ominous soundscapes
- Mossy tundra roomtones
- Rocky moraine roomtones
- Icy glacier roomtones
- LOM Geofone glacier contact mic roomtones
- Ice cave roomtones
- Light and barely audible wind
- Distant roar of soothing water
- Dense and sporadic drips
- Ominous drones
- I love to search for almost silent spaces. In Greenland, glacial fjords were a fabulous new landscape to explore.
- Imagine 2000 meter peaks sticking straight out of the ocean. These are very old rocks, but the peaks are still sharp and jagged because of the recent glaciation.
- These fjords have many acoustic spaces to explore. From moss covered boulders, to treacherous quicksand filled glacier moraines, to ice caves of the glaciers themselves. While hiking on the Knud glacier we found an ice cave that had never been seen by humans!
- Both the movement of the glacier and the sculpting of the melt water create unusual and distinctive acoustic spaces with a wide range of emotional characters. When light wind resonants these spaces it calms my soul. I hope you enjoy listening too.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
|Stereo Specs: 6.6 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 55 stereo WAV files – Approx. 3.1 hours total
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: AMBTndra, AMBUndr, Glacier, Moraine, Moss
Location: East Greenland – July 2022
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.
- LOM Usi and Usi Pro
- LOM Geofone pair
- Zoom F3 and F6
- Sony D100 and A10
- Cinela LEO20 Blimps
- Bubblebee Wind Bubbles