- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Sika Deer, get a hellacious collection of elk-like bugling. Hear haunting calls floating in the distance and visceral screams so close they could cause nightmares.
- This library offers you a small collection of sounds from a fascinating species. I didn't know deer made such haunting vocalizations and it was a joy to hear them for the first time. I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks for listening.
- Close hellacious bugling
- Distant bugling with haunting echoes
- Short barking alarm calls
- Movement and alarm snorts
FIELD RECORDING STORIES:
- Sika deer and are originally from Asia, but there are some wild ones that have been introduced in the Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. I spent a few nights recording them while visiting some family in December 2019.
- Elk are probably 3-4 times the size of a Sika deer, so they have the same character to their bugling, but the smaller size of the Sikas makes them sound like cute adolescent elk.
- The first time I heard them, I was woken up by hellacious bugling in the middle of the night. I thought to myself, "there are definitely no elk in Texas...so what the hell is that sound". Turns out folks have imported the Sika deer to some of the big Texas ranches in the area. Lucky for me, they got loose and now you can hear them in the wild. They look like a normal deer, but have spots as adults, and are evidently one of the most vocal species of deer.
- I recorded 18 hours a day for 7 days to capture these vocalizations. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for listening.
- View larger version or Download CSV
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo to enlarge.
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- Sound Devices MixPre-6
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
|Stereo Specs: 292 MB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 19 stereo WAV files – 58+ sounds – Approx. 4 min total|
|Quad Specs: – 575 MB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 19 quad WAV files – 58+ sounds – Approx. 4 min total|
|Stereo + Quad Specs: 867 MB – Approx. 4 min total
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV|
Categories: Animals & Creatures
Location: San Antonio Hill Country, Texas – December 2019
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|