- In Nature Roomtones: Grasslands, get a collection of ambiences from the high altitude grasslands of New Mexico. Hear wildlife-free, air tones perfect for atmospheric beds in meadows, prairies, or savannas. Hear sonorous winds whisping across calderas and the low ominous drones of distant Ponderosa Pines. Hear blades swishing with airy tones and Parry's Oatgrass stalks actually whistling in the wind! Hear the resounding amplifier of a caldera made by an ancient volcanic eruption and eerie wind drones only made by landscapes straight out of the wild American West.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of ambiences with sparse flora and zero fauna. I hope you enjoy the beautifully subtle character of these almost silent natural spaces.
Download the Full Quad Demo
- Zero wildlife of any kind in these recordings
- Soothing air tones in high altitude grasslands
- Eerie and ominous wind tones
- Seas of tall Parry's Oatgrass grass whistling in the wind
- Ominous wind tones from distant long-needled Ponderosa Pines
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Stereo Only: recorded in AB (L/R) – these recordings do not include a Quad version
- Stereo: recorded in AB (L/R)
- Quad: recorded in Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
- Decoded Stereo: Double Mid/Side decoded to Stereo (L/R)
- Decoded Quad: Double Mid/Side decoded to Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
|Stereo Specs: 6.9 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 29 stereo WAV files – Approx. 3.3 hours total|
|Quad Specs: 7.6 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 18 Quad WAV files – Approx. 1.8 hours total|
|Stereo + Quad Specs: 14.5 GB – Approx. 3.3 hours total|
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: AMBGrass, Meadow
Location: New Mexico, USA - Winter 2022
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30
- LOM Usi
- Sound Devices MixPre-6 II and MixPre-6
- Sony A10 and D100
- Cinela Pianissimo and LEO20 Blimps