Available December 6th at 11:00 am EST
- In Greenland Rain & Sleet, get a collection of unusual "rain" from the pristine wilderness of the arctic. Hear glacier rain as millions of dense meltwater drips combine to form a lush rain-like soundscape. Hear delicate droplets landing on ancient ice and sleet plinking down into deep crevasses. Hear ominous wind whipping through wide open treeless spaces and soothing air tones floating below melodic drips.
- This library offers you a captivating collection of falling precipitation. True rain rarely happens in Greenland, and the unique rain-like sound of melting glaciers is the next best thing. I hope you enjoy listening to the natural music of the weather as it sings through the wild spaces of Greenland.
- Zero wildlife. You'll only hear rain and sleet.
- Millions of melting glacier drips with the same density as rain/sleet
- Light, moderate, and heavy rain-like soundscapes
- Delicate droplets falling on ice
- Falling sleet-like ice
- Ominous distant wind
- Air tones
- On my expedition to Greenland in July 2022 I found a lovely rain-like sound. Imagine the endless sunlight of an arctic summer beating down on a glacier that is constantly melting with millions of resonant drips.
- In some cases the density of these droplets actually sounded like rain!
- However, it was tough to find places to record this glacial rain. It was much more common to hear resonant single drips or running water.
- I found these rain-like soundscapes in large wide crevasses that recently shifted and fully drained of water. All that was left in those huge spaces was millions of drips that sounded like rain on ice!
- Periodically you also get sun crust (think mojito ice) from the surface of the glacier that would fall into the crevasse. These sporadic events add a sleet-like character to many of these soundscapes.
- These delicate soundscapes are something between natural rain, sleet, and snow. I find them captivating and I hope you enjoy listening too.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
|Stereo Specs: TBD GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – TBD stereo WAV files – Approx. TBD hours total|
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: RAIN, Sleet, Glacier, Drips
Location: East Greenland – July 2022
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- LOM Usi and Usi Pro
- Sony D100 and A10
- Cinela LEO20 Blimps
- Bubblebee Wind Bubbles