- In Birds in Flight, get a whooshing collection of North American birds with the common thread of flight. Hear flocks of White-throated swifts circling wildly and Chihuahuan Ravens beating the air to slay aloft. Hear long whapping Loon takeoffs and angry ducks buzzing the mics like fighter planes. Hear the slow soaring of Bald Eagles and the almost-silent whooshes of hunting owls. Hear the frenetic fluttering of branch top dancing and doppler flybys so close I'm lucky the wind draft didn't knock over the mics.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of sounds from a unique wild sound source. This library grew out of thousands of hours of nature recordings. Tens of hours were recorded to capture each rare fluttering of these wild wings. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for listening.
- 15+ North American bird species
- Small and large birds
- Close whooshing flybys
- Frenetic wing flutters
- Soaring birds of prey
- In-flight calls and vocalizations
- Flocks of small birds circling
- Water takeoffs and landings
- Branch takeoffs and landings
- Wilson's Snipe winnowing. "Air rushing over the Wilson’s Snipe’s outspread tail feathers creates the haunting hu-hu-hu winnowing...the sound is usually produced as the birds dive." Read more – here.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo to enlarge.
- Included Species: Sandhill Crane, Belted Kingfisher, Common Loon, Greater Yellowlegs, Wilson's Snipe, Duck (Mallard), Golden-crowed Sparrow, American Robin, Swainson's Thrush, Swainson's Hawk, Chihuahuan Raven, White-throated Swift, White-winged Dove, Great Horned Owl, Bald Eagle, and various unknown small and large birds.
- Stereo Only: recorded in AB or ORTF (L/R) – these recordings do not include a Quad version
- Stereo: Double Mid/Side decoded to Stereo (L/R)
- Quad: Double Mid/Side decoded to Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
BIRDS IN FLIGHT CLIPS + FULL LENGTH AMBIENCES:
- All sounds of "birds in flight" have been isolated into short clips.
- The full-length parent ambiences are also included.
- "BIF" prefix/suffix numbers are included to easily reference the shorter clip to the full length parent ambience.
|Stereo Specs: 8.1 GB Total – 842 MB of Birds in Flight – 7.2 GB of Ambiences – 96 kHz/24-bit – 72 Birds in Flight WAV files – 41 Ambience WAV files – 72+ sounds – Approx. 24 min of Birds in Flight – Approx. 234 min (3.9 hours) of Full Length Ambiences.|
|Quad Specs: 9.4 GB Total – 1 GB of Birds in Flight Clips – 8.4 GB of Ambiences – 66 quad WAVs – Approx. 14 min of Birds in Flight – Approx. 121 min (2 hours) of Full Length Ambiences.
Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: Animals & Creatures, Whoosh
Location: North America – Alaska, West Texas, Great Lakes, Northern Rockies, Pacific Northwest – 2016 to 2019
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair in ORTF
- Sennheiser MKH50 and MKH30 in MS
- Sennheiser MKH8040 and MKH30 in MS
- Sound Devices 702
- Sound Devices MixPre-6
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
- Rycote MS and ORTF Blimps