- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Credits: All recording and mastering by Thomas Rex Beverly. Cover photo by George Vlad of Mindful Audio. Humorous poem by Felix Davin. Augur Buzzard in the photo is from Eastern and Southern Africa. Birds in recordings are from North America.
- In Birds in Flight, get a whooshing collection of North American birds with the common thread of flight. Hear flocks of White-throated swifts circling wildly and Chihuahuan Ravens beating the air to slay aloft. Hear long whapping Loon takeoffs and angry ducks buzzing the mics like fighter planes. Hear the slow soaring of Bald Eagles and the almost-silent whooshes of hunting owls. Hear the frenetic fluttering of branch top dancing and doppler flybys so close I'm lucky the wind draft didn't knock over the mics.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of sounds from a unique wild sound source. This library grew out of thousands of hours of nature recordings. Tens of hours were recorded to capture each rare fluttering of these wild wings. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for listening.
- 15+ North American bird species
- Small and large birds
- Close whooshing flybys
- Frenetic wing flutters
- Soaring birds of prey
- In-flight calls and vocalizations
- Flocks of small birds circling
- Water takeoffs and landings
- Branch takeoffs and landings
- Wilson's Snipe winnowing. "Air rushing over the Wilson’s Snipe’s outspread tail feathers creates the haunting hu-hu-hu winnowing...the sound is usually produced as the birds dive." Read more – here.
- This library pulls selections from Northern Rockies: Common Loons, Northern Rockies: Active Nature, Great Lakes: Sandhill Cranes, Great Lakes: Active Nature, HDA2: Active Nature, Alaska: Active Nature, Alaska: Quiet Nature, and HDA6: Ravens. If you already own any of these libraries, contact me for a discount.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo to enlarge.
- Included Species: Sandhill Crane, Belted Kingfisher, Common Loon, Greater Yellowlegs, Wilson's Snipe, Duck (Mallard), Golden-crowed Sparrow, American Robin, Swainson's Thrush, Swainson's Hawk, Chihuahuan Raven, White-throated Swift, White-winged Dove, Great Horned Owl, Bald Eagle, and various unknown small and large birds.
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair in ORTF
- Sennheiser MKH50 and MKH30 in MS
- Sennheiser MKH8040 and MKH30 in MS
- Sound Devices 702
- Sound Devices MixPre-6
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
- Rycote MS and ORTF Blimps
STEREO AND QUAD FILES:
- Stereo: mid/side decoded to left and right or ORTF recordings.
- Quad: double mid/side decoded to quad.
STEREO ONLY FILES:
- These recording were made in stereo and do not include a quad version.
BIRDS IN FLIGHT CLIPS + FULL LENGTH AMBIENCES
- All sounds of "birds in flight" have been isolated into short clips.
- The full-length parent ambiences are also included.
- "BIF" prefix/suffix numbers are included to easily reference the shorter clip to the full length parent ambience.
|Stereo Specs: 8.1 GB Total – 842 MB of Birds in Flight – 7.2 GB of Ambiences – 96 kHz/24-bit – 72 Birds in Flight WAV files – 41 Ambience WAV files – 72+ sounds – Approx. 24 min of Birds in Flight – Approx. 234 min (3.9 hours) of Full Length Ambiences.|
|Quad Specs: 9.4 GB Total – 1 GB of Birds in Flight Clips – 8.4 GB of Ambiences – 66 quad WAVs – Approx. 14 min of Birds in Flight – Approx. 121 min (2 hours) of Full Length Ambiences.|
Stereo + Quad Specs: 17.5 GB Total – Approx. 24 min of Birds in Flight – Approx. 234 min (3.9 hours) of Full Length Ambiences.
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Animals & Creatures, Whoosh
Location: North America – Alaska, West Texas, Great Lakes, Northern Rockies, Pacific Northwest – 2016 to 2019
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|