- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Bat Echolocation, get a collection of unheard sounds from North American bats. Hear powerful clicks that sound like alien languages and musical pings that ring for ages. Hear laser-like chirps and the feeding buzz of bats on the hunt. Hear a batnado as millions of Mexican free-tailed bats exit their cave and swarm with starling-like murmurations.
- This library offers you a collection of sounds not normally heard by human hears. With a little pitch shifting, this ultrasonic world is at your fingertips. I find unheard sounds fascinating, I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks for listening.
- This demo is made up of pitch shifted sounds. Otherwise you would not be able to hear them :)
- All sounds included in library are ultrasonic other than the BATNADO swarm from 3:00 to end.
- Swarming BATNADO of millions of Mexican free-tailed bats
- laser-like chirps
- resonant pings
- powerful searching clicks
- single bats and duets
- feeding buzz: accelerating attack clicks
- Most included files are above the range of human hearing. So they must be varispeed pitch shifted to be used for sound design.
- I recommend -60% to -98% varispeed pitch shifting.
- Ultrasonic bat echolocation clicks ranging from 20 kHz to 90 kHz
- North American bat species from 5 different locations
View larger version or Download CSV
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Sennheiser MKH8040 and MKH30 in Mid/Side
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair in ORTF
- Lom Usi
- Sound Devices 702
- Sound Devices MixPre-6 and MixPre-3 II
- Sony D100
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
- Rycote MS Blimp
- I recommend -50% to -98% varispeed pitch shifting for sound design usage. Therefore, the 38 minutes of included sounds functions as a much larger collection of 2+ hours of material.
|Stereo Specs: 2.6 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 65 stereo WAV files – 500+ sounds – Approx. 38 min total
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Animals & Creatures, Bats
Location: North America - Various locations
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|