NEW RELEASE SALE INFO:
The 24-hour sale is over. You missed the chance to get the library for 60% off. The sale ended at 11:00 am Eastern Time on Wednesday, July 8th.
- My new release sales are only 24-hours and I never put my libraries on sale again. Join my newsletter so you don't miss out on the next new release sale.
- Read my full Sale & Promotion policy for more info.
- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In African Grey Parrot, get a musical collection of parrot vocalizations from Myrtle the parrot. Hear short squeaks so adorable I couldn't help but smile and powerful clicks that sound like alien languages. Hear visceral screeches that could cause nightmares and playful whistles so musical you'd think she had a tune stuck in her head.
- This library offers you a collection of sounds from a fascinating species. I didn't know one parrot could make such a wide variety of vocalizations and it was a joy to hear them for the first time as I got to know Myrtle over several sessions. I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks for listening.
- Visceral screeches
- Alarm calls
- Playful squawks and sqeaks
- Musical whistles
- Whooshing wing flaps
- A friend of mine in Philly recently got an African Grey Parrot. These parrots can live 40-60 years as pets, so this is a serious long-term commitment. People have to put these parrots in their will because your parrot often outlives you!
- Myrtle the parrot is an adolescent and is discovering her voice. I was lucky to be able to spend 4 separate session with her as she explored the full range of her vocal chords.
- I was only the second human Myrtle had spent time with, so she was very nervous during the first session. I mostly captured alarm calls and nervous screeches.
- However, as I returned for more sessions, she became more comfortable and made a wide variety of happy and playful calls. My favorites was the clicks she makes that sound like an alien language.
Lessons Learned – I recorded Myrtle in Double Mid/Side, left the mics on a stand near her, and then backed away. Because I recording in surround, when she moved off axis, I could rotated the surround image in Harpex to center the final stereo rendering included in this library. By leaving the mic in one place Myrtle got comfortable and I was able to capture joyful and playful sounds from this captivating species of parrot.
View larger version or Download CSV
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Sennheiser MKH8040 and MKH30 in Mid/Side
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II
- Cinela Mid/Side Blimp
|Stereo Specs: 311 MB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 54 stereo WAV files – 225+ sounds – Approx. 5 min total|
Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: Animals & Creatures, African Grey Parrot
Location: Philadelphia, Summer 2020
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|