- In Great Lakes: Quiet Nature, get a collection of tranquil ambiences from some of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Hear the soothing rush of coniferous wind as is sings across still water and delicate fluttering of deciduous foliage. Hear the lonesome hoots of Barred Owls as they sing their haunting nighttime song and Common Loons yodeling with endless echoes.
- This library offers you an extensive collection of ambiences with sparse flora and fauna from the pristine lakes of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Hear the majestic sparseness of summers near the Great Lakes of North America.
- Quiet Nature ambiences from Great Lakes region of the United States
- All quiet nature tracks have sparse wildlife, wind, and water
- Common Loon - wail calls
- Barred Owl - haunting hoots
- Distant Canadian Geese and Belted Kingfishers
- Soothing coniferous wind over still water
- Delicate fluttering of deciduous leaves
- One, 30-min extended ambience. This track is slit into four parts (without fades) so it can be pieced back together as needed.
- All recordings are from lake edges and surrounding forests.
- This is not a water library, it focuses on ambiences with wildlife (mostly large waterbirds) and wind.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- Flora (plants) and Fauna (animals) are described in these terms:
- fauna sparse
- fauna constant
- flora sparse
- flora constant
- flora and fauna sparse
- flora and fauna constant
- Included wildlife: Common Loon, Canadian Geese, Common Raven, Barred Owl, Belted Kingfisher, Blue Jay, squirrel, crickets, cicadas, and ultrasonic insects.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
|Specs: 13 GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – 31 stereo WAV files – 31+ sounds – Approx. 186 min (3.1 hours) total – Integrated Loudness: -40 LUFS.|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Quiet Nature
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan – summer 2018
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sennheiser MKH 50 and 30 in Mid/Side
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
- Rycote MS Blimp