- In Tennessee: Wind get an expansive collection of deciduous forest wind from winter in the Smoky Mountains. Hear the powerful roar of leafless deciduous branches catching the wind and the tree falls ominously booming. Hear eerie air filtered through canvas tents and thunderous 75 mph gusts whipping through high canopies. Hear the frenetic fluttering of evergreen Rhododendron leaves and animalistic branch creaks so emotive it sounds like Ents are talking.
- This library offers a large collection of temperate forest wind. I hope you enjoy the powerful sounds of weather in the eastern United States. Thanks for listening.
- Zero wildlife of any kind in these recordings. You'll only hear wind.
- Light, moderate and heavy winter winds
- Roaring leafless deciduous forests
- Evergreen Deciduous Rhododendron leaves fluttering
- Ominous branch creaks, squeaks, groans, and stutters
- One distant booming treefall
- Ominous airy tones
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Stereo Only: recorded in AB (L/R) – these recordings do not include a Quad or DMS version
- Stereo: recorded in AB (L/R)
- Quad: recorded in Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
- Decoded Stereo: Double Mid/Side decoded to Stereo (L/R)
- Decoded Quad: Double Mid/Side decoded to Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
- DMS: Double Mid/Side (Mid/Side/Rear) – DMS files are mastered
|Stereo Specs: 9.3 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 49 stereo WAV files – Approx. 4.5 hours total|
|Quad Specs: 4.3 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 13 Quad WAV files – Approx. 1 hour total|
|Double Mid/Side (DMS) Specs: 1.9 GB Total – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 8 DMS WAV files – 36 minutes hours total|
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: WINDVeg, Temperate Forest
Location: Tennessee, USA - Smoky Mountains - Winter 2021
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- LOM Usi
- Micbooster Clippy EM272
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II & MixPre-6
- Zoom F6
- Sony A10
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
- Cinela LEO20 Blimps