- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Northern Rockies: Common Loons, get a collection of the strange and mythical calls of Common Loons. These beautiful birds have haunting calls that sing across the boreal lakes of North America. One of the greatest pleasures I've had as a field recordist was hearing their majestic wails echo across still waters. This library includes sounds of a nesting pair captured during a full week of nighttime and dawn recording in Glacier National Park, Montana.
- Read behind the scenes stories from this field recording trip in: Recording the Sounds of Disappearing Glaciers on the A Sound Effect Blog.
- Nesting pair of Common Loons recorded in Glacier National Park, Montana
- 22 clips including Loons
- Close, medium, and distant perspectives
- Isolated solo nighttime calls
- Loons mixed with full dawn choruses
- Included Loon calls: wail, yodel, tremolo, hoots, flapping takeoffs, and tremolo call flybys
- 4 clips of Quiet Nature recordings from the same location. These recordings have sparse wildlife and are perfect for use as nature roomtones for the Loons included in the library.
- Ruffed grouse "drumming" can be heard as distant bass thumps. Read more about how males create this sound by beating their wings on hollow logs – here.
- This is not a parabolic dish library of close up and isolated Loons. It is an ambience library of Common Loons within their natural habitat.
- Distant soothing meltwater can be heard in several of the ambiences.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
- Download CSV or View larger version
- Included wildlife: Swainson's Thrush, Wilson's Snipe, Red-winged Blackbird, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Beaver tail slaps, angry Chipmunks, and bats up to 90 kHz.
- Sennheiser MKH 8040 Matched Pair in ORTF
- Sound Devices 702
- Rycote ORTF Blimp
|Specs: 5.8 GB - 192 kHz / 24-bit – 26 stereo WAVs, 26+ sounds – Approx. 83 min (1 hours and 23 min) total – Integrated Loudness: -35 LUFS|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Animals & Creatures
Location: Glacier National Park, Montana – summer 2017
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|