- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
In Maine: Wind get an expansive collection of deciduous and coniferous wind from forests at the northern end of the Appalachian trail. Hear the soothing wind of white pines peacefully swaying. Hear gentle whisps topping distant ridge tops and blustery 60 mph gusts whipping down mountain valleys. Hear the austere emptiness of forests after the autumn leaves have fallen and eerie creaks so emotional it sounds like the old trees are talking.
- This library offers a large collection of temperate forest wind. I hope you enjoy the sounds of weather in the north Maine woods. Thanks for listening.
- Zero wildlife of any kind in these recordings. You'll only hear wind.
- Light, moderate, and heavy wind
- Hissing, leafy wind in deciduous forest
- Lush, soothing wind in coniferous forest
- Sweeping canopy wind
- Howling alpine wind
- Howling wind filtered through rock cairns
- Eerie branch creaks
- Soothing air tones
- If you need more sounds from the Maine, check out the whole series – here.
View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- LOM Usi
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II
- Sony D100
- Sony A10
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
STEREO AND QUAD FILES:
- Stereo: front mid/side decoded to left and right.
- Quad: double mid/side decoded to quad.
STEREO ONLY FILES:
- These recording were made in stereo and do not include a quad version.
|Stereo Specs: 5.8 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 42 stereo WAV files – 42+ sounds – Approx. 167 min (2.8 hours) total|
|Quad Specs: 4.9 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 15 quad WAV files – 15+ sounds – Approx. 70 min (1.2 hours) total|
|Stereo + Quad Specs: 10.7 GB Total – 167 min (2.8 hours) total
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: WINDVeg, Temperate Forest, Deciduous, Coniferous, Alpine
Location: Maine – Autumn 2020
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|