NEW RELEASE SALE INFO:
- The 24-hour release sale is over. You missed the chance to get the library for 60% off. The sale ended at 11:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Wednesday, November 17th.
- I live in Philadelphia, USA. During the sale click – here – to quickly find the current EST time if you're in another time zone.
- My new release sales are only 24-hours and I never put my libraries on sale again. Join my newsletter so you don't miss out on the next new release sale.
- I only release new sound libraries on Tuesdays.
- Read my full Sale & Promotion policy for more info.
- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Iceland: Quiet Nature, get a collection of serene ambiences from Iceland. Hear the immense sparseness of resonant fjords. Hear massive moss covered lavaflows that envelop your senses and transport you to the landscapes of a long lost time. Hear the tranquil beauty of sprawling tundra grass untouched by human hands during days of endless light. Hear lonesome songbirds singing softly and distant loons eerily wailing.
- This library is packed full of tracks with sparse flora and fauna from the austere landscapes of the arctic. I feel a powerful sense of awe after visiting these landscapes. I hope the sounds help to re-wild your ears as they did mine. Thanks for listening.
- Quiet nature ambiences with sparse flora and fauna
- Tranquil seabirds
- Sparse, melodic songbirds
- Wing flutters and whooshing flybys
- Light and moderate wind
- Eerie moss covered lavaflows
- Coastal plains of tall green tundra grass
- Deciduous green leaf shrubland
- Ominous distant surf
- Resonant Fjords
View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Species List: Common Loon, Red-throated Loon, Arctic Tern, Common Snipe, Black-headed Gull, Common Redshank, Redwing, European Golden-Plover, Whimbrel, Rock Ptarmigan, Parasitic Jaeger
- All filenames are appended with "Stereo" or "Stereo Only"
- Stereo: Double Mid/Side decoded to Stereo (L/R)
- Stereo Only: Recorded in AB.
- All filenames are appended with "Quad"
- Quad: Double Mid/Side decoded to Quad (L/R/Ls/Rs)
DOUBLE MID/SIDE INFO:
- All filenames are appended with "DMS"
- Double Mid/Side (DMS): 3-channel format (Channel 1 = Front, Channel 2 = Side, Channel 3 = Rear)
- DMS files are source files for the Quad recordings.
- These files offer more flexibility for decoding. For example, you have the option to use a plug-in like Harpex to decode from DMS to 5.1 or 7.1.
|Stereo Specs: 7.8 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 52 WAV files – Approx. 3.8 hours total|
|Quad Specs: 6.5 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 23 Quad WAV filess – Approx. 1.6 hours total|
|New Option – Double Mid/Side (DMS) Specs: 4.9 GB Total – 23, 3-channel WAV files – 1.6 hours total
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
UCS Categories: AMBTndra, AMBSea
|UCS Vendor Categories: Grass, Moss, Shrubland, Red Sand|
Location: Iceland – Summer 2021
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- LOM Usi
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II
- Sony D100
- Sony A10
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
- Cinela Leo Blimps