- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Pacific Northwest: Falling Snow, get an expansive collection of falling snow and ice from the pristine wilderness of the Eastern Cascades, Washington. Hear the soothing crystalline rain of snowflakes gently falling in a winter wonderland. Hear tree-alanches as snow and ice plastered to branches is dislodged by sun-melt and wind. Hear massive wind gusts slowly wandering down valleys over 60 seconds. Hear hellacious debris clouds as gusts hit local canopies and dislodge snow hurricanes of powder, ice, and branches.
- This library offers you a large collection of falling snow from soothing snowflakes to snow hurricanes. I hope you enjoy listening to the awesome power of wintertime in the remote mountains of Washington.
- Zero wildlife
- Soothing snowflakes falling as crystalline rain
- Light, moderate, and heavy falling snow without wind
- light, moderate, and heavy wind with falling snow
- Tree-alanches – created when sun-melt and wind dislodge snow and ice from branches
- Snow hurricanes – hellacious debris clouds of powder, ice, and branches during massive windstorms
- Eerie creaks and squeaks from recently burnt trees
- Full blog post coming soon!
View larger version or Download CSV
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
- Sennheiser MKH8040 pair and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- Lom Usi
- Sound Devices MixPre-6
- Sony D100
- Cinela Pianissimo Double Mid/Side Blimp
STEREO AND QUAD FILES:
- Stereo: front mid/side decoded to left and right.
- Quad: double mid/side decoded to quad.
STEREO ONLY FILES:
- These recording were made with Lom Usi and do not include a quad version.
- The "stereo only" files are included in the specs for the "Stereo Specs" below.
|Stereo Specs: 7 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 40 stereo WAV files – 40+ sounds – Approx. 202 min (3.3 hours) total|
|Quad Specs: 13 GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – 37 quad WAV files – 37+ sounds – Approx. 188 min (3.1 hours) total|
|Stereo + Quad Specs: 20 GB Total (3.3 hours total)
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Weather, Falling Snow
Location: Washington, Eastern Cascades, Winter 2020
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|