Available Tuesday, June 20th
- In Norway: Rain & Sleet, get a collection of unusual "rain" from the land of the Vikings. Hear glacier rain as millions of dense meltwater drips combine to form a lush rain-like soundscape. Hear delicate droplets landing on alpine ice and sleet plinking down into jagged crevasses. Hear ominous wind whipping through wide open treeless spaces and soothing air tones floating below melodic drips. Hear soothing rain falling in moss covered boulder fields and ominous winds whipping through rock caves.
- This library offers you a captivating collection of falling precipitation. Under the right conditions millions of glacial drips sound just like natural rain. I hope you enjoy listening to the natural music of the weather as it sings through the wild spaces of Norway.
- Zero wildlife. You'll only hear rain and sleet
- Millions of glacial drips with the same density as rain/sleet
- Light, moderate, and heavy rain-like soundscapes
- Light, moderate, and heavy natural rain
- Delicate droplets falling on ice
- Falling sleet-like ice
- Ominous distant wind
- Air tones
- On my expedition to Norway in August 2022 I found a lovely rain-like soundscape on an alpine Glacier named Steindalsbreen. Imagine the endless sunlight of an arctic summer beating down on a glacier that is constantly melting with millions of resonant drips. In some cases the density of these droplets actually sounded just like natural rain!
- These delicate soundscapes are something between natural rain, sleet, and snow. I find glaciers captivating and they have a wonderful array of sounds to share.
- In addition to this glacier "rain", I found some lovely moss covered boulder fields and recorded gentle rain on pillow-like tundra moss. This mossy rain is incredibly soothing. I hope you enjoy listening.
- View larger version or Download CSV.
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
|Stereo Specs: TBD GB – 96 kHz / 24-bit – TBD stereo WAV files – Approx. TBD hours total|
Metadata: Universal Category System, CSV, Soundminer, BWAV
Categories: RAIN, Glacier, Moss
Location: Arctic Norway - August 2022
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|
- LOM Usi
- Zoom F3
- Sony D100 and A10
- Cinela LEO20 Blimps
- Bubblebee Wind Bubbles