AVAILABLE TUESDAY, APRIL 7TH
- 2% for the Environment – two percent of the price of this library is donated to an environmental cause, as an “artist royalty” for the planet!
- Carbon Neutral Travel – carbon offset credits were purchased to offset my field recording travel.
- Value Added Tax – EU Customers Only.
- Testimonials, Clients, and Credits List
- Sale and Promotion Policy
- In Avalanche and Tree-alanche, get a powerful collection of sliding snow and ice from the pristine wilderness of the Eastern Cascades, Washington. Hear massive slabs of snow break free and tumble down mountains with majestic power. Hear chunky slides as refrigerator-sized chunks of ice careen down slopes and waterfalls of powder moving like rivers of sand. Hear tree-alanches as snow and ice plastered to branches is dislodged by sun-melt and wind. Hear hellacious debris clouds as gusts hit local canopies and dislodge snow hurricanes of powder, ice, and branches.
- This library offers you a collection of an awe inspiring natural event. Avalanches are dangerous and extremely difficult to record. They have the natural power akin to hurricanes, tornados, or wildfires. I hope you enjoy listening to the roars of wintertime in the remote mountains of Washington.
- 15 avalanches total
- 2 avalanches in quad
- 13 avalanches in stereo only
- 45 tree-alanches in quad
- Each tree-alanche is between 30 and 90 seconds
- If you need long ambiences with tree-alanches and falling snow, check out Pacific Northwest: Falling Snow.
- Full blog post coming soon!
View larger version or download CSV
- A spectrogram is included for each audio file. Double click on the photo in the file list to enlarge.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL QUAD DEMO
- Named markers are included in each file to help find interesting events in an otherwise uniform waveform.
- Markers are included in the Soundminer and BWAV description fields starting with the prefix "Marker Text".
- Sennheiser MKH8040 and MKH30 in Double Mid/Side
- Lom Usi
- Sound Devices MixPre-6
- Sony D100
- Cinela Pianissimo Mid/Side Blimp
STEREO AND QUAD FILES:
- Stereo: front mid/side decoded to left and right.
- Quad: double mid/side decoded to quad.
STEREO ONLY FILES:
- These recording were made with Lom Usi and do not include a quad version.
- The "stereo only" files are included in the specs for the "Stereo Specs" below.
|Stereo Specs: TBD GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – TBD stereo WAV files – TBD+ sounds – Approx. TBD min (TBD) total|
|Quad Specs: TBD GB – 192 kHz / 24-bit – TBD stereo WAV files – TBD+ sounds – Approx. TBD min (TBD) total|
|Stereo + Quad Specs: TBD GB Total (TBD hours total)|
|Metadata: CSV, Soundminer, BWAV, Text Markers|
Categories: Avalanche, Tree-alanche, Snow & Ice
Location: Washington, Eastern Cascades, Winter 2020
|Mastering: read my Field Recording Mastering Rules for more info.|
|Delivery: Instant - blazingly-fast - digital download|
|License type: Single user, royalty-free - for a multi-user license, click here|
|Sound Library Guarantee: If you're unhappy with my field recordings in any way, I'll give you store credit equal to the cost of the sound library. Read the full details – here.|